Friday, July 3, 2009

Peterborough Lakers Lacrosse



Pre-Game Warm UpOh what a season it has been! I have been enjoying the games so much and I havent shared - shame on me. Please note: I AM NOT a sportscaster, expert etc ... just a spectator enjoying the heck out of the game.

Admittedly when I started I knew very little about lacrosse. Covering the weekly games has been and continues to be an ongoing education.

Yesterday's game sure was no dissapointment. Both teams are at the top of the ranks, each with their strengths. There were penalties, scuffles and lots of back and forth scoring. These players put every effort into the game.

At the end of the 3rd period, Lakers were tied at 9-9 with the Chiefs. I think I can say safely say that the Memorial Centre patrons were sitting on "pins and needles" as the final seconds ticked by on the timeclock. Now we are into overtime!

Pre-Game Warm UpThere were several near scores (probably a sportscaster wouldnt have counted this - but hey - I'm a mom and effort counts) and the spectators were getting worked up. Finally, a goal and Peterborough scores 10-9 whoo hoo - lets celebrate! But wait for it ... I learned yesterday that they play out the full 10 minute overtime period - boy - thats taking anticipation to the edge!

Well after a very hard played game by both the Lakers and the Chiefs, Peterborough wins 11-9 and you had to see the last goal to beleive it. I was ont he camera so my view was rather restricted - what I think I saw was the catch, and then the ball rolling the last few inches into an empty net .. WOW.

I hope I can catch this game on a rerun so I can see what I missed!

No comments:

Post a Comment